Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dostoyevsky and Byron and Shelley

Leechard,

I am very glad to read your article on the great Russian writer, Dostoyevsky. It has drawn me into a deep insight into the Russian literature, a world so familiar to me, and to the nature of genius in the world. Very often genius in this time is described as people getting over 160 in a IQ test, and get a membership at four years old from a well-known Club dedicated to the intelligent people only. I think you are right, genius is not defined by any membership he get from any club, or any marks he get in a iq test, but the work he produced in making the Earth a better place to live in through his extraordinary intelligence, skills and courage. I am very glad to follow your advice to read the literature work of Dostoyevsky, and I am very pleased to invite my friends who have deep interests in story of genius, Russian literature, and the human nature, to have a interesting study of your article published yesterday. I think they will learn many from this article, just as what I have got.

In addition, I wish also you may consider publishing the article of Byron on your blog. A English noble, Byron is the great English writer in the turn of 19th century. His work influenced not only the English philosophizers, but also the European and American philosophizers, including Dostoyevsky. It was him and Shelley, who as two of the great leaders of Romanism school, brought to the eye of Europe many liberal ideas, equality, fraternity, liberty. Byron was a keen supporter of French revolution, and shown great affliction towards American democracy, whom he saw as the best government system at that time. He also attacked, like Beethoven did in his time, the French Emperor Napoleon, whom they both agreed that greedy had corrupted the great man soul. I am sure you will find it interesting, as you did on Dostoyevsky, to study the biography of Byron, and his great partner, Shelley. They are the star of their times, and with them, a new English culture, with liberalism as its core, was born, which at the Queen Victoria time, became one of the brightest icon you have ever seen in world history book, and bring tremendous change to human society since then.

I really cannot hesitate to read your analysis of Byron and Shelley, and I think many my friends cannot hesitate too. To facilitate your study on these great men, I have now attached in this file a copy of these men biographies.

Thank you very much in advance.

I welcome any idea or enquiries from you on this topic.

Best wishes,
William



Dear William,


Thanks for your good idea. I am now reading the biograpies you had sent to me.


Leechard

No comments: